Kundali Matching or Kundali Milan is a Process by which we can understand whether the Marriage between a Boy and Girl will be happy or not. It is in use from long ago and a very useful method to avoid any Marital disharmony.
What is Kundali Matching ? Does Kundali Reading for Marriage Work ? Why Kundli Milan is important ? is Kundli Matching Necessary for Love marriage ? Does Kundali Match matters ? If you have any of these questions in your mind, this article is for you. After Reading this, i hope, you will get answer of all the above questions. I will tell you how to read kundli for marriage effectively and which factors are important for Horoscope Matching.
This piece of article is not only to tell you about Kundali matching but I will inform you about six important facts which we often ignore during the time of Janam Kundali Milan for marriage. We generally see the ashtakoot milan score( which is often called Nakshatra Matching also) to decide the match. But this is completely wrong approach. I will explain to you why this process of ashtakoot matching between male and female is faulty and what is the correct Way to do it. Proper Kundali Reading for marriage is very important and can reduce Marital disharmony to a good extent.
What is Kundali Matching
Marriage is one of the important , if not the most, event of our Life. Every body wants to have a peaceful and happy married life. But This does not happen. No of unhappy couple is increasing in our society day by day. So when we reach in a marriageable age, we become curious to know what is stored for us. We want to know How our Future Spouse will Look and their nature. This is quite natural. But we must understand ” all that glitter is not gold”. It is not necessary that a boy or girl who appears to be very attractive and of good nature will be perfect for you. It is very difficult to judge a person and often people do not show their true nature in outer world. Only Astrology can judge the true nature of a person by checking Kundali and Planetary alignment.
Marriage is a relationship of entire Life. SO it is very important that two persons of same vibe or nature should get married and true nature of a person can only be judged by seeing the Horoscope. So before marriage, Horoscope of Bride and Groom should be checked to see whether both the Kundali is supporting to each other.
The Ascendant or Lagna is the native himself/herself and the 7th house is the house of spouse. As 7th house is in exact opposition, there will always be some disagreement in married life. But it is necessary ti have some kind of agreement to lead an amicable life. To sort out this problem, our ancient sages had developed a mechanism to compare horoscopes of bride and groom. The process by which we matches the Horoscope of Bride and Groom is known as Kundali matching. If Kundli Matching is done properly, it can remove lot of obstacles and problems of married Life. The most Popular method of checking Horoscope compatibility for marriage is Ashtakoot Guna Milan. But this is a partial checking and we should not proceed with this score only.
Importance of Kundali Milan for Marriage
Seeing the misunderstanding suffering of married life, some people prefer to remain bachelors. But we must understand that every life be it bachelor or married, has their own advantage and disadvantage. Yet Married Life is preferred because
- Marriage is not only Based on sentiments but also moral, religious and social principles.
- It has immense Potency and contributes for Long Span of Life.
- The Holy Vedas teaches us that married Life is superior than life Long Celibacy.
- Wife is not for mere pleasure and enjoyment. But it is she who bears the child, performs house hold duties and take care of all the member of the family.
That is why they are called Griha Lakshmi. It is said that The families where ladies are unhappy will perish and on the contrary the families where they are happy will prosper. But if the lady is adament, argumentative, atrocious how can a person lead a happy married life? On the other hand if the boy is characterless or headstrong will it not affect the marital bliss ?
Here is the role of Kundli Milan for marriage. Suppose A and B are two men, C and D are two women. A, B, C and D have all some favourable and some unfavourable features in their horoscopes. But it is possible to say astrologically that the marriages of a A and C and of B and D may prove a boon and a blessing while the other combination of A and D and B and C may result in domestic devastation or even death. An experienced astrologer will be able to see if there will be mutual harmony or not between the Horoscopes.
The Most Common Nakshatra Matching- Ashtakoota Explained
Moon is Very important in Nakshatra Matching for marriage. Moon is the significator of Mind, our taste and temperament. So the Moon Nakshatra or the janma Nakshatra of both boy and girl should be checked for marital bliss. This compatibility of Janma Nakshatra is known as Ashtakoota Milan. Ashtakoota means eight points which need to check during Nakshatra Matching for marriage.
- Varna Koota- Marks Alotted 1
- Vashya Koota- Marks Alotted 2
- Tara Koota- Marks Alotted 3
- Yoni Koota- Marks Alotted 4
- Graha Maitri Koota- MArks Alotted 5
- Gana Koota- Marks Alotted 6
- Rashi Koota- Marks alotted 7
- Nadi Koota- Marks alotted 8
Varna Koota– This Koota represents the degree of Spirituality in the couple. The twelve Rasis are divided into four categories of Varnas. 1. Brahmin is the highest, then Kshatriyas, then Vaishyas and the last is Shudras. Varna of Groom should be either equal to or superior to that of bride. For this one mark is given. In case of a bride marrying a bridegroom of inferior Varna (caste), no mark is given i.e. score is 0.
Vashya Koota– All the signs of zodiac are devided in to five Vashyas(categories) as
I. Chatuspada or quadruped : – Aries, Taurus, 2nd half of Sagittarius and first half of Capricorn.
2. Dwipada (Manushya or human) :- Gemini, Virgo, Libra, first half of Sagittarius and Aquarius.
3. Jalchar Rasi :- Cancer, 2nd half of Capricorn and Pisces.
4. Banachar Rasi (Roaming in forest) :- Leo.
5. Keet Rasi :- Scorpio.
If bridegroom and bride belong to the same Vaishya, it is ideal and scores 2 full marks.
Tara Koota– Tarakoota clearly indicate the mental compatibility between Bride and groom. Count the number of Janma Nakshatra of bride from the Janma Nakshatra of Groom and the result is divided by 9. If the remainder is 3, 5 or 7 then it is inauspicious and score is 0; otherwise benefic and score is one and half. Again count the Janma Nakshatra of groom from the Janma Nakshatra of bride and the result is divided by 9. lf the remainder is 3, 5 or 7 then 1t IS inauspicious and the score is 0 other wise benefic and score is one and half. If both are benefic then score is 3, if one is benefic and another is malefic then score is one and half and if both are malefic then score is 0.
Yoni Koota– It indicates Sexual compatibility of couple. If Yoni Kootas of both bride and groom are same the result will be favorable. If Yoni Kootas are different then result will be enmity between the couple.
Grahamaitri Koota- From this Koota friendship between the Rasi Lords of both the bride and the groom are judged.
Gana Koota- Nakshatras have been divided into three categories-Deva Ganas, Manushya
Ganas and Rakshasa Ganas. Marriage between Sama Gana is most auspicious. After that Dev Gana-Manushya gana, Dev Gana-Rakshash gana and Rakshasa Gana- Manushya Gana is worst. It is a general belief that if a Rakshas Gana girl and a Manushya Gana Boy gets married, the boy will die. But this is completely baseless.
During Kundali matching: Gana is given too much importance. It simply signifies whether the person is of tradition or liberal mindset. Mismatch of Gana Can give Lack of Mutual understanding at the most. Not more than that. You can read about my article on Misconception of Rakshas Gana and Manushya gana.
Rashi Koota or Bhakoot Koota-Examine the position of Janma Rasis in the horoscopes of both the bride and the groom. If they are located mutually in 2/12 or 6/8 or 5/9 positions, this is treated as malefic and no point or mark is given. For location in other places full 7 marks are given. 2/12 position indicates poverty, 5/9 indicates loss of children and 6/8 placement indicates death.
Nadi Koota-The nakshatras are divided into three groups called 1. Adi Nadi 2. Madhya Nadi 3. Antya Nadi. Marriage is not compatible when the Janma Nakshatras of both the bride and the groom are the same. It scores 0 marks. If nakshatras are dissimilar it scores full 8 marks.
Ashtakoota Kundali matching only consider the Moon Nakshatra. It completely Ignores the Ascendant, Sun and other planetary combination. Venus is the Significator for marriage but it also ignores it. How can a person with Weak Venus and 7th house lead a happy married life with Matching of Moon Stars. Only Nakshatra Matching is not a good way of Horoscope matching. Marriage compatibility based on nakshatra is an incomplete Process. It is not even the 10 percent of the entire Match Making Process.
So when People ask me how many gunas should match for a successful marriage ? My answer is very simple even a Guna Matching point of 36 does not guarantee a Happy Marriage.
Deep study of birth charts are more important than Nakshatra Matching. If the both chart promises long life with health and happiness, even if Matching score is low, marriage will completely satisfactory. If Planetary Alignment of both the Chart is proper , a good Guna Matching point is added advantage but depending on only Nakshatra matching is not a good idea.
6 Important Factors must consider during Janam Kundali Reading for marriage
- Longevity : We must check the longevity of both bride and groom before starting of Kundli Milan process. What is the meaning of marriage if the boy or the girl is short lived.
- Health : Health is wealth. We must judge the Health prospect of both. We must see if there is any possibility of incurable disease very soon or not. Couple with poor health can not enjoy the married life.
- Finance : It is better to cry in a Mercedes than open foot path. Money is an important factor for living a good life. Poverty will bring miseries and will destroy the happiness of married life. So we must check during kundli matching that no Horoscope should have Poverty Yogas or daridra Yogas.
- Future : One might born poor. But the future may be much promising. In such case we must inform about the bright future of the couple and marriage should be recommended if other factors are suitable.
- Children: As the trees look beautiful with flowers and fruits, similarly married life becomes complete with children. When we judge the Horoscope compatibility for marriage, this is an important factor which we should keep in our mind. No Horoscope should have any affliction to child birth. Even if there is slight affliction in one chart, the other chart must compliment and supersede the affliction.
- Mutual Understanding: One may have long life, lot of money, sound health but if there is no mutual understanding between the couple, the married life becomes hell. So astrologers must see the mutual harmony between the boy and girl during Kundali matching. The Planets should be placed harmoniously specially Venus, Mars Jupiter and Rahu. If theer is no harmony how the couple will face the ups and downs of life.
These 6 factors are more important than the Nakshatra Matching based on Moon Star.
If you are looking for a Proper Horoscope Matching Click Here to Book Your Consultation Now !
Love Marriage Compatibility
I will suggest you to read what are the astrological combination for Love Marriage in horoscope. Venus is the significator of Love and Romance and marriage. It is the significator of Wife in a males chart and Jupiter is the significator of husband in a females chart. So Venus and Jupiter should not be weak. Mars is the significator of Boy friend in a girls Horoscope. Mars also signifies aggression. So if the Jupiter is well placed in a female chart, it indicates that she will get a wise and educated husband. Now if the position of Venus and Mars in two chart i.e the position of Venus in one chart with respect to the position of Mars in another chart, is opposite to each other or in same sign, will have great physical love. Both the charts are fully compatible for Love and romance. For example- suppose a boy is having Venus in Scorpio and a girl is having mars in Scorpio, both will enjoy great physical love among them.
Kundali Matching:Manglik Dosha
If Mars is posited in Lagna, 12th, 4th, 7th and 8th house of a Horoscope, The individual is said to be Manglik. There has been a thought that if bride is mangalik and if she marries a non mangalik groom, death of her husband may occur and similarly if a mangalik groom marries a non mangalik bride, it will cause death to bride. But it is not Correct.
4th, 7th, 8th, and 12th house of Horoscope are related Marriage. Mars is the significator of energy and strength and its position in the houses (1st, 4th, 7th 8th, and 12th) related to marriage enhances the sexual potentiality of the native. If a groom of high sexual potentiality is married to a bride of low sexual strength, their conjugal lives will be highly disturbed.
That is why the marriage of a Mangalik bride with Mangalik groom is considered to be best matching because both of them have equal sexual potentiality. So we should not be scared of Maglik dosha during the Kundali matching. This is also a part of Dosha balancing in both chart during the Kundali Reading For Marriage.
Among all the position, if Mars is placed in the 8th house and it is also afflicted, it can cause havoc to married life. This is specially detrimental for females as 8th house is known as the mangalsthan(the longevity of husband) for girls. But if this Mars is not afflicted or in own house or aspected by jupiter, it will not do much harm. You should give special importance to Mars during Kundali reading for Marriage.
There is lot of Confusion about how to read kundli for marriage. Here I will give you Few Simple Step by which you can do the Kundali matching by date of birth and time
I am going to share few basic steps which will guide you to do the basic Kundali matching by date of birth and time. You need to cast the Horoscope of both boy and girl with dob and time.
- The ascendant of both the chart should be 4/10, 1/7, 5/9 or 3/11. If the Ascendant is in 6/8 or 2/12 the nature of the bride and groom will not match.
- The Ascendant Lord should be checked similarly. The ascendant Lord should not be posited in 2/12 or 6/8 condition
- The moon should placed favorable in 4/10, 1/7, 5/9 or 3/11. If the Moon sign of one is the Lagna of another Horoscope, it is very good for marital bliss.
- Horoscope matching by date of birth requires the complete analysis of the both the charts.
- Sun should not be placed in 7th house
- if Rahu and Venus coincides in both the chart, it indicates very good love and romance among the couple. This is perfect for Kundali matching.
- Jupiter should not be weak in a females chart.
- Venus is the significator of the 7th house and its strength or weakness affects the success or failure of a married life to a great extent. If venus is ill placed in a chart then it may lead to possiblity of infertility.
- The Placement of Navamsa Lagna of Boy in Girls Navamsa chart should be checked. It should not be in 6,8, 12 and Afflicted by Malefic Planet. Similarly the placement of Navamsa Lagna of Girl should be checked in Boys Navamsa Chart.
- The Mentality of both Boy and Girl should Match. If both the Boy and Girl is too much Rigid and inflexible, Problem can Occur in Marriage.
- The Affliction or Malefic Planets placed in 2nd house, 4th house, 7th house and 8th house should be of equal amount. So the Malefic influence can balance each other.
After completing the above steps, we can check the Janma Nakshtra matching or Ashtakoota Guna Milap. If the above factors are ok but ashtakoota score is low, do not worry and go ahead with the marriage. The astakoota is not even the 10% of total process of Kundali Milan for marriage.
If you still have any confusion about how to do Kundali Milan with Date of birth and time, Please comment below.
If i have missed anything regarding Kundali matching, please let us know with comments.
A Proper Horoscope Matching can Reduce the ill effect of Marriage. Except Astrology no other study can give us hints about future. So we should use it and must take the benefit of this beautiful Science.
I hope i have been able to give you some idea about how Kundali matching works and the importance of Horoscope matching. If you have liked it, please share it so that more people can read.
If you need any help regarding Kundali matching please Contact us