Spouse From Navamsa Chart
Navamsa is the Main Divisional chart for checking Marriage prospect, spouse nature and character etc. Our Main Birth chart shows or gives indication about all the aspect of life-Education, Finance, Career, Marriage etc. But for getting a better and finer idea about a particular aspect we need to see the divisional chart. There is different divisional chart for different prospect like-for marriage we have to check Navamsa, for career we have to see Dasamsa etc. Here we will discuss about how to predict spouse from Navamsa chart. Some time Navamsa is also known as Dharmamsa. It is the most popular chart after Rashi Chart. So If you want to know about Nature of Spouse from Navamsa, Read it till end.
You can also read our detailed discussion on the the Significance and Use of Navamsa chart.
Why Use Navamsa for Marriage prediction
Navamsa chart is the most Important Divisional Chart. If Rashi chart is the Main Tree, Navamsa chart is the fruit of that Tree. Everything We can Judge from Navamsa Kundli but still Marriage is specially checked from Navamsa. Dividing any Rashi or sign by 9 part, we can constitute Navamsa chart. 9th house is the house of Dharma or Fortune. In Hindu religion Marriage is considered to be the Dharma or duty of highest order. It is a Union of Atma or Soul. That is why we try to predict Marriage from Navamsa chart.
How to Read Navamsa Chart or Navamsa Chart reading technique
I will give you a small idea about How to Read the Navamsa chart.
You can read our discussion on beautiful spouse astrology
It is said that Navamsa acts as a refinement. Any planet in exaltation or friendly sign or in Own sign may not give you Auspicious Result as per expectation if it occupies a debilitated or enemy sign in Navamsa. Similarly a Planet in debilitation or enemy sign may give you Auspicious Result than expectation when it occupies a Own Sign or friendly Sign in Navamsa. So it is very important to check the Strength of the Planet in Navamsa chart while reading Horoscope.
If any Planet is in same sign in Ras Chart or D1 chart and also occupies the same sign in Navamsa Chart or D9 chart, it is known as vargottama Planet. Such Planet becomes extra Strong and can deliver very Good result if it is beneficial for your Ascendant. In my Practical experience i have seen that a Planet in own Navamsa or Vargottama Navamsa gives Auspicious Result.
There are some Auspicious Navamsa for each Sign. Any Planet within that particular degree range of any Sign becomes extra strong. These are known as Pushkar Navamsa. You can read more about Pushkar Navamsa and the degree range from My Article. There are many more technique which we should give due importance during Navamsa chart reading.
It is also important for the Timing of Marriage. Without considering the D9 chart, It is very difficult to Predict the Time of Marriage. You can read our discussion about the importance of Navamsa in Marriage time prediction.
Now lets discuss how we will know about our future Spouse from this Divisional Chart. But Before Discussing Nature of Spouse from Navamsa chart or spouse characteristics from Navamsa chart, Lets talk about the type of Marriage described in Hindu Religion.
There are 8 Types of Marriage described in Manu Smriti. These are as below
1) Bramha Vivaha: In this Type of Marriage groom Seeks Bride as per their Skills and abilities. Jupiter is the main signifying planet for such marriage. This is considered to be the kind of Marriage. In Modern day we can compare it with an arranged Marriage where both Boy and Girl complete their Education and after that as per family and other factors two persons get married.
2) Daiva Vivaha: This Kind of Marriage happens when one is unable to find a suitable groom or Bride. In this type of wedding, there are no feasts or celebrations that are specific to the wedding, but the wedding of the daughter of a poor family is held as an act of charity by wealthy people. Mars is the main signifying Planet for such marriage.
3) Arsha Vivaha: In this kind of marriage the girls family is unable to bear the expense of the marriage and the boys family pays a nominal or cutomary gift as the price of the bride and brings the bride home. This kind of Marriage is not suitbale in modern society. Moon is the main signifying planet for such marriage.
4) Prajapatya Vivaah: This type of marriage is the same as the Brahma vivha in all respects, except that this type of marriage takes place when the groom and bride both are very young. The wedding ceremony may take place but the marriage is not consummated for several years, until the bride and groom are old enough. This kind of Marriage can be referred to the Bal Vivaha of earlier days. Sun is the main signifying Planet.
5) Asura Vivaha: This is very similar to Arsa vivaha. Here the Grrom family Pays lot of Money to the family of the girl as Bride Price and Bring the Bride home. The only difference is that in Arsha Vivaha, the price paid was a nominal one or customary one but in this case lot of wealth is given. Money Rules this kind of Marriage. This Kind of Marriage is not considered good in society. Mercury is the signifying Planet.
6) Gandharva Vivaha: This can be referred to Modern Days Love Marriage where Bride and Grrom is attracted towards each other and they Fall in Love. Venus is the main signifying Planet of such Marriage.
7) Rakshas Vivaha; When some one is Kidnapped or forced to Marry due to some reason is Known as Rakshas Vivaha. In recent time we see Several Marriage happens for Political gain or Business expansion etc. In earlier Days Kings used this kind of Marriage for expanding their Kingdom. Saturn is the Main Karak for this kind of Marriage.
8) Pischa Vivaha: In this type of Marriage the Bride is either intoxicated or not in stable mental condition during Marriage. Rape can be compared with this kind of Marriage. Rahu/Ketu is the signifying planet of this kind of Marriage.
Important Houses for Spouse Prediction from Navamsa in astrology
The Main House for Spouse Prediction is 7th House and 7th Lord. So We have to check the 7th house of main birth chart as well as the 7th house of Navamsa Chart. Remember, 7th house in Birth chart shows what we want or what our desire is and 7th house is Navamsa chart shows what we will actually get. 7th house not only Indicates Marriage but it also indicates all sort of Physical relation. That is why the Arudha Pada of 7th house (A7) needs to be checked for all kind of Physical or short term relationship in Kundli. Darapada (A7) also shows the kind of People one Associates with. So these houses need to be checked when predicting spouse from Navamsa chart.
Saturn is in 7th house or Associated with Darapada (A7), person often mingle around with senior person or Aged person. They Want their spouse to be practical, matured and dutiful.
When Moon is in 7th house or conjunct with darapada(A7) the native wants a caring, emotional and sensitive spouse.
If Venus is in 7th house or Associated with A7, it indicates that the individual want some one very good looking and beautiful.
When Jupiter or Mercury is in 7th house or Associated with Darapada (A7), the native seeks a wise, well educated, religious, honest person as husband or wife.
When Mars is in 7th house or conjunct with A7 it indicates that the native wants some one who loves sports, who will have lot of fighting spirit, Bold and courageous.
But this is purely the desire of the individual. But what the person will actually get will depend upon the 7th house in Navamsa and the Navamsa sign of 7th Lord.
Prediction of Spouse Characteristics from Navamsa(D9)
As we said That the Planet in the 7th house of Navamsa will show the nature and character of the spouse an individual is going to Have. The Darapada (A7) in Navamsa also reveals about apperance, Nature and characteristics of Spouse.
Spouse Prediction from Navamsa chart as per Planetary Position
Now Lets understand how can we understand the nature while checking spouse from Navamsa chart.
1. Navamsa Sun in 7th house: If Navamsa Sun is Placed in 7th house,Spouse reads or loves music or plays musical instrument, may be egoistics and of high Self respect. He may have short height, large head, straight hair etc. When Navamsa Sun in 7th house is strong,The Individual may be from a respectable family background.
2. Navamsa Moon in 7th house: When Navamsa Moon is in 7th house,the spouse is Beautiful and very sexual. He or she may be of fair complexion, soft hearted etc.
3. Navamsa Mars in 7th house: If Navamsa Mars is placed in 7th house or associated with A7 in Navamsa, the person may be very aggresive and hot temper. He or she may be a sports lover.When Navamsa Mars in 7th house is strong,The Native will be very well built and having a slim & athlete like physique. He or she can be very argumentative.
4. Navamsa Mercury in 7th house: When Navamsa Mercury is in 7th house, the spouse can be Jovial and friendly. He or she can be fond of literature, writing etc. Navamsa Mercury in 7th house can give Lack of physical pleasure from spouse as Mercury is a eunuch planet. Spouse will look younger than his or her age.
5. Navamsa Jupiter in 7th house: When Navamsa Jupiter is in 7th house, the spouse can be well educated,Learned, beautiful, fortunate and very good natures, spiritual. He or she may have well proportionate body. Navamsa Jupiter in 7th house can make the spouse very Religious too.
6. Navamsa Venus in 7th house: If Navamsa Venus is in 7th house, the spouse can be extremely good Looking, fond of Luxury & all sort of comfort, fond of music, fine arts etc. Having Navamsa Venus in 7th house is a Blessing. It is a strong indication of happy married life if not afflicted.
6. Navamsa Saturn in 7th house: If Navamsa Saturn is in 7th house, spouse can be, matured, always working, cold and disinterested in romance, dutiful etc. It indicates that the wife or husband will be very hardworking. Navamsa saturn in 7th house also indicate that there can be much age difference between husband and wife.
7. Navamsa Rähu in 7th house: If Navamsa Rahu is in 7th house, spouse can be always thinking and confused, abstract thinking, good at mathematics, astrology etc. This is not treated as a good placement for Marital bliss. Navamsa Rahu in 7th house also indicates marriage outside country or foreign spouse or intercaste marriage. You can read the effect of Rahu on Marriage when Occupies the 7th house of D1 chart to get more idea.
8. Navamsa Ketu in 7th house: When Navamsa Ketu is in 7th house, spouse can be Very good in mathematics and numbers, expert in computers, spiritual practice etc.
Some important Combinations for judging Spouse from Navamsa Chart
For a good and happy marital life, we have to first see the condition of the 7th Lord of Rashi chart(D1) in D9. The planet should not be debilitated or afflicted by Malefics in Navamsa. After that we have to see the 7th house of Navamsa chart and condition of 7th lord from Navamsa Lagna. If all of them is in Good condition, we can safely predict Happy Marriage Life.
When people approach us for Marriage/Relationship Consultation we use all of the above mentioned technique and many more to come to an conclusion about the Nature and Look of the spouse. It takes almost three hours for Marriage Analysis only. You may see what our clients think about our Marriage consultation
Venus is the Main Significator of Marriage for both Man and Women. It is also the significator of Wife in a Mans chart. So venus should not be debilitated or afflicted by Rahu or Saturn in Navamsa. When two or more malefic planets afflict Venus and if the ätmakäraka and 8th lord are involved, While judging spouse from Navamsa chart we should keep in mind that such combination is a curse and marriage can be denied and delayed considerably.
If Rahu afflicts the Venus there can chances of cheating experience from Spouse or Marriage relation. If Saturn afflicts the Venus in Navamsa chart, it brings untold misery and unending suffering. If Mercury and Venus is conjunct in Navamsa chart, this is a bad combination for Lack of marital bliss.
Rahu – Venus or Mars- Venus combination in D9 is a strong indication of Love marriage while judging spouse from Navamsa chart.
If the Ketu and Mars is conjunct in 2nd, 6th, 8th or 12th house of Navamsa chart, we have to be very careful while checking spouse from Navamsa chart because such combination indicates a spouse who can be harmful to the spouse.
If Sun is strong in Navamsa lagna or Moon is strong in 3rd house of Navamsa chart indicates that the native may live longer than Spouse. Jupiter-Venus conjunction in D9 chart shows the Blessing of Shiva and it is a good for Progeny while judging Spouse from Navamsa chart.
If saturn is Placed in Navamsa lagna or aspect the Navamsa Lagna, it can delay the marriage. Saturn aspect on Venus and 7th lord of Navamsa Lagna is equally detrimental.
When Sun is Placed in 7th house or associated with Darapada(A7), it indicates a arranged marriage.
Marriage Timing can be calculated as per Vimsottari dasha of the 7th Lord of D9 chart or Navamsa Lagna Lord or planets sitting in the 7th house of Navamsa. Predicting Time , quality of marriage and spouse from Navamsa chart is not an easy task. The birth time is also has to be accurate.
I have tried to give you some information about Spouse from Navamsa Chart. But remember in Astrology, No rule works in isolation. We have to co-relate both D1 and D9 chart.
If you want to get Astrological consultation from Me, Book an appointment.
If you think I have missed something or you have some information about spouse from Navamsa chart, please feel Free to comment.
If you Like it, Please share it.
Debraj is a professional Astrologer with More than 10 years of Practical experience. Started learning Vedic astrology in a very early age around 12 yrs and almost more than 20 years in astrological study.