Navamsa is one of the Most important Divisional Chart used in Vedic Astrology. We will discuss about divisional Chart below. Navamsa is also Known as D9 chart. This Chart is created from Main Rashi chart or D1 chart. It has been given very High importance in Vedic System.
Though D9 chart is widely used for Marriage Prediction but it has many other usages too. We Should not Predict Anything without Checking the Navamsa Chart.
What is Divisional Chart
Our Main Birth chart shows or gives indication about all the aspect of life-Education, Finance, Career, Marriage etc. But for getting a better and finer idea about a particular Area we need to see the relevant divisional charts. There is different divisional chart for different prospect like-for marriage we have to check Navamsa, for career we have to see Dasamsa etc.
Navamsa is the Main Divisional chart for checking Marriage prospect, spouse nature and character etc. It is Popularly Known as D9 chart. Some time D9 chart is also known as Dharmamsa. It is the most popular chart after Rashi Chart or D1 chart.
Here we will discuss about how to predict spouse from Navamsa chart. So If you want to know about Nature of Life Partner from Navamsa, Read it till end and also remember it is also important for Marriage Timing in Astrology.
Why Use D9 chart for Marriage prediction
Navamsa chart is the most Important Divisional Chart. If Rashi chart is the Main Tree, Navamsa chart is the fruit of that Tree. Everything We can Judge from Navamsa Kundli but still Marriage is specially checked from Navamsa.
Dividing any Rashi or sign by 9 part, we can constitute Navamsa chart. 9th house is the house of Dharma or Fortune.
In Hindu religion Marriage is considered to be the Dharma or duty of highest order. It is a Union of Atma or Soul. That is why we try to predict Marriage from Navamsa chart.
I will give you a small idea about How to Read the Navamsa chart or D9 chart.
It is said that Navamsa acts as a refinement. Any planet in exaltation or friendly sign or in Own sign may not give you Auspicious Result as per expectation if it occupies a debilitated or enemy sign in Navamsa. Similarly a Planet in debilitation or enemy sign may give you Auspicious Result than expectation when it occupies a Own Sign or friendly Sign in Navamsa. So it is very important to check the Strength of the Planet in Navamsa chart while reading Horoscope.
If any Planet is in same sign in Rasi Chart or D1 chart and also occupies the same sign in Navamsa Chart or D9 chart, it is known as vargottama Planet. Such Planet becomes extra Strong and can deliver very Good result if it is beneficial for your Ascendant. In my Practical experience i have seen that a Planet in own Navamsa or Vargottama Navamsa gives Auspicious Result.
There are some Auspicious Navamsa for each Sign. Any Planet within that particular degree range of any Sign becomes extra strong. These are known as Pushkar Navamsa. You can read more about Pushkar Navamsa and the degree range from My Article. There are many more technique which we should give due importance during Navamsa chart reading.
I have made a Video on what Why Navamsa chart is So important and what the 12 Houses of Navamsa indicates. You can watch it for better understanding.
Now lets discuss how we will know about our future Spouse from D9 Chart. But Before Discussing Nature of Spouse from Navamsa chart or Life Partner characteristics from Navamsa chart, Lets talk about the type of Marriage described in Hindu Religion.
There are 8 Types of Marriage described in Manu Smriti. These are as below
1) Bramha Vivaha: In this Type of Marriage groom Seeks Bride as per their Skills and abilities. Jupiter is the main signifying planet for such marriage. This is considered to be the kind of Marriage. In Modern day we can compare it with an arranged Marriage where both Boy and Girl complete their Education and after that as per family and other factors two persons get married.
2) Daiva Vivaha: This Kind of Marriage happens when one is unable to find a suitable groom or Bride. In this type of wedding, there are no feasts or celebrations that are specific to the wedding, but the wedding of the daughter of a poor family is held as an act of charity by wealthy people. Mars is the main signifying Planet for such marriage.
3) Arsha Vivaha: In this kind of marriage the girls family is unable to bear the expense of the marriage and the boys family pays a nominal or cutomary gift as the price of the bride and brings the bride home. This kind of Marriage is not suitbale in modern society. Moon is the main signifying planet for such marriage.
4) Prajapatya Vivaah: This type of marriage is the same as the Brahma vivha in all respects, except that this type of marriage takes place when the groom and bride both are very young. The wedding ceremony may take place but the marriage is not consummated for several years, until the bride and groom are old enough. This kind of Marriage can be referred to the Bal Vivaha of earlier days. Sun is the main signifying Planet.
5) Asura Vivaha: This is very similar to Arsa vivaha. Here the Grrom family Pays lot of Money to the family of the girl as Bride Price and Bring the Bride home. The only difference is that in Arsha Vivaha, the price paid was a nominal one or customary one but in this case lot of wealth is given. Money Rules this kind of Marriage. This Kind of Marriage is not considered good in society. Mercury is the signifying Planet.
6) Gandharva Vivaha: This can be referred to Modern Days Love Marriage where Bride and Grrom is attracted towards each other and they Fall in Love. Venus is the main signifying Planet of such Marriage.
7) Rakshas Vivaha; When some one is Kidnapped or forced to Marry due to some reason is Known as Rakshas Vivaha. In recent time we see Several Marriage happens for Political gain or Business expansion etc. In earlier Days Kings used this kind of Marriage for expanding their Kingdom. Saturn is the Main Karak for this kind of Marriage.
8) Pischa Vivaha: In this type of Marriage the Bride is either intoxicated or not in stable mental condition during Marriage. Rape can be compared with this kind of Marriage. Rahu/Ketu is the signifying planet of this kind of Marriage.
The Main House for Spouse Prediction is 7th House and 7th Lord. So We have to check the 7th house of main birth chart as well as the 7th house of Navamsa Chart.
Remember, 7th house in Birth chart shows what we want or what our desire is and 7th house in Navamsa chart shows what we will actually get.
7th house not only Indicates Marriage but it also indicates all sort of Physical relation. That is why the Arudha Pada of 7th house (A7) needs to be checked for all kind of Physical or short term relationship in Kundli. Darapada (A7) also shows the kind of People one Associates with. So these houses need to be checked when predicting spouse from Navamsa chart.
Now Lets discuss Some principle of Jaimini astrology to understand the type of Partner you can get or the kind of partners you will attract.
Saturn is in 7th house or Associated with Darapada (A7), person often mingle around with senior person or Aged person. They Want their spouse to be practical, matured and dutiful.
When Moon is in 7th house or conjunct with darapada(A7) the native wants a caring, emotional and sensitive Life Partner.
If Venus is in 7th house or Associated with A7, it indicates that the individual want some one very good looking and beautiful.
When Jupiter or Mercury is in 7th house or Associated with Darapada (A7), the native seeks a wise, well educated, religious, honest person as husband or wife.
When Mars is in 7th house or conjunct with A7 it indicates that the native wants some one who loves sports, who will have lot of fighting spirit, Bold and courageous.
But this is purely the desire of the individual. But what the person will actually get will depend upon the 7th house in Navamsa and the Navamsa sign of 7th Lord.
As we said That the Planet in the 7th house of Navamsa will show the nature and character of the spouse an individual is going to Have. The Darapada (A7) in Navamsa also reveals about apperance, Nature and characteristics of Life Partner.
Nature of Spouse from Navamsa chart as per Planetary Position
Now Lets understand how to determine the nature of spouse from Navamsa chart.
1. Sun in 7th house Navamsa: If Navamsa Sun is Placed in 7th house,Spouse reads or loves music or plays musical instrument, may be egoistics and of high Self respect. He may have short height, large head, straight hair etc. When Navamsa Sun in 7th house is strong,The Individual may be from a respectable family background.
2. Moon in 7th house Navamsa: When Navamsa Moon is in 7th house,the spouse is Beautiful and very sexual. He or she may be of fair complexion, soft hearted etc.
3. Mars in 7th house Navamsa: If Navamsa Mars is placed in 7th house or associated with A7 in Navamsa, the person may be very aggresive and hot temper. He or she may be a sports lover.When Navamsa Mars in 7th house is strong,The Native will be very well built and having a slim & athlete like physique. He or she can be very argumentative.
4. Mercury in 7th house Navamsa: When Navamsa Mercury is in 7th house, the spouse can be Jovial and friendly. He or she can be fond of literature, writing etc. Navamsa Mercury in 7th house can give Lack of physical pleasure from spouse as Mercury is a eunuch planet. Spouse will look younger than his or her age.
5. Jupiter in 7th house Navamsa: When Navamsa Jupiter is in 7th house, the Life Partner can be well educated,Learned, beautiful, fortunate and very good natures, spiritual. He or she may have well proportionate body. Navamsa Jupiter in 7th house can make the spouse very Religious too.
6. Venus in 7th house Navamsa: If Navamsa Venus is in 7th house, the spouse can be extremely good Looking, fond of Luxury & all sort of comfort, fond of music, fine arts etc. Having Navamsa Venus in 7th house is a Blessing. It is a strong indication of happy married life if not afflicted.
6. Saturn in 7th house Navamsa: If Navamsa Saturn is in 7th house, Life Partner can be, matured, always working, cold and disinterested in romance, dutiful etc. It indicates that the wife or husband will be very hardworking. Navamsa saturn in 7th house also indicate that there can be much age difference between husband and wife.
7. Rähu in 7th house Navamsa: If Navamsa Rahu is in 7th house, spouse can be always thinking and confused, abstract thinking, good at mathematics, astrology etc. This is not treated as a good placement for Marital bliss. Navamsa Rahu in 7th house also indicates marriage outside country or foreign spouse or intercaste marriage. You can read the effect of Rahu on Marriage when Occupies the 7th house of D1 chart to get more idea.
8. Ketu in 7th house Navamsa: When Navamsa Ketu is in 7th house, spouse can be Very good in mathematics and numbers, expert in computers, spiritual practice etc.
I have discussed How to apply these Principles to understand the Nature and Character of your spouse in this Video. You can Watch this to understand how i have applied this principle practically. Example chart is discussed in the Video.
The spouse will have the traits of the lord of 7th house from the Navamsha Ascendant.
If the 7th Lord is Moon then the spouse will be happy, Loved by people, expert in agriculture, talkative, fond of liquids.
If the 7th Lord is Mars the native will be rich, courageous, ordinary looking, interested in sexual matters, not interested in worshiping God, miser, inclined to bilious problems.
If the 7th Lord is Mercury the native will attractive eyes, curly hair, board chest, with love and affection, expert in business rich, intelligent, educated, happy, interested in expensive jewelry and clothes, and has no enemies.
If Jupiter is 7th Lord, the native will a charming personality, attractive eyes, bulging tummy, intelligent, unbiased attitude, courageous, rich, loved by people, artistic inclination, respected by women, has good children and friends.
If Venus is the 7th Lord, extremely rich, successful, spiritually oriented, does good deeds, good children, enjoys plenty of riches and conveyances, has company of good Person.
If Saturn is the 7th Lord, the native will be independent, have high intelligence, lean body, sometimes ill-tempered, angry, not interested in religious affairs, and may lose wealth through litigation and thieves.
You can be interested to know about marriage timing in your chart. You can read our detail article on marriage time prediction. You should also check whether your chart has late marriage yoga or early marriage.
Some important Combinations for judging Life Partner from D-9 Chart
For a good and happy marital life, we have to first see the condition of the 7th Lord of Rashi chart(D1) in D9 chart. The planet should not be debilitated or afflicted by Malefic in Navamsa. After that we have to see the 7th house of Navamsa chart and condition of 7th lord from Navamsa Lagna. If all of them is in Good condition, we can safely predict Happy Marriage Life.
When people approach us for Marriage/Relationship Consultation we use all of the above mentioned technique and many more to come to an conclusion about the Nature and Look of the spouse. It takes almost three hours for Marriage Analysis only. You may see what our clients think about our Marriage consultation
Venus is the Main Significator of Marriage for both Man and Women. It is also the significator of Wife in a Mans chart. So venus should not be debilitated or afflicted by Rahu or Saturn in D9 chart.
When two or more malefic planets afflict Venus and if the ätmakäraka and 8th lord are involved, While judging spouse from Navamsa chart we should keep in mind that such combination is a curse and marriage can be denied and delayed considerably.
If Rahu afflicts the Venus in D9 chart, there is chances of cheating experience from Spouse or Marriage relation. If Saturn afflicts the Venus in Navamsa chart, it brings untold misery and unending suffering. If Mercury and Venus is conjunct in Navamsa, this is a bad combination for marital bliss.
Rahu – Venus or Mars- Venus combination in D9 chart is a strong indication of Love marriage while judging Life Partner from Navamsa chart.
If the Ketu and Mars is conjunct in 2nd, 6th, 8th or 12th house of Navamsa chart, we have to be very careful while checking spouse from Navamsa chart because such combination indicates a spouse who can be harmful to the Partner.
If Sun is strong in Navamsa lagna or Moon is strong in 3rd house of Navamsa chart indicates that the native may live longer than Spouse. Jupiter-Venus conjunction in D9 chart shows the Blessing of Shiva and it is a good for Progeny while judging Spouse from Navamsa chart.
If saturn is Placed in Navamsa lagna or aspect the Navamsa Lagna, it can delay the marriage. Saturn aspect on Venus and 7th lord of Navamsa Lagna is equally detrimental.
When Sun is Placed in 7th house or associated with Darapada(A7), it indicates a arranged marriage.
Marriage Timing can be calculated as per Vimsottari dasha of the 7th Lord of D9 chart or Navamsa Lagna Lord or planets sitting in the 7th house of Navamsa. Predicting Time , quality of marriage and Life Partner from Navamsa chart is not an easy task. The birth time is also has to be accurate.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Aries, Your Spouse will have Lean personality, small eyes, pointed nose, angry speech.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Taurus, Your Spouse will have big personality, big eyes, long face, big eyebrows, small forehead, drooping nose, thick voice, short toes.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Gemini, Your Life Partner will have long hands, small nose, sheepish eyes, thick legs and thighs, hair on hands, legs and head; courageous, talkative, knowledgeable.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Cancer, Your Spouse will have small nose, very small forehead, thick hair on legs, angry behavior, wandering nature.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Leo, Your Partner will have broad forehead, thick hair on legs, angry behavior, Independent nature.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Virgo, Your Spouse will have long hands, small buttocks, polished character, talkative, extra fond of sexual activities.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Libra, Your Spouse will have lean body, beautiful nose, does not have fixed mind-set, Romantic in Nature.
7th house of Navamsa is Scorpio, Your Life Partner will have rough skin, Very Emotional, Secretive.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Sagittarius, Your Spouse will have joyful nature, board forehead, big ears, gets angry occasionally, truthful, talkative.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Capricorn, Your Spouse will have Ideal physically body structure, Dark Complexion, broad face, sharp in intelligence, Cautious.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Aquarius, Your Partner will have Big ears, board shoulders, lazy, intelligent, talkative, sometime acts foolishly.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Pisces, Your Spouse will have Charming personality, has good eyes and nose, truthful in nature, fearless person, sacrificing attitude.
Venus is our passion. It represents things that you like to do, things that you just wish you can do all day. Venus signifies your artistic talents. Venus signifies your creative talents in a particular field. if you’re a man, Venus represents your wife. It also signifies marriage. Venus is the love that you give and the love that you receive.
When Rahu is conjunct with any planet, it amplifies the energy of that particular planet. so when this obsessive-compulsive Rahu comes with this Venus , it amplifies the love and artistic talents within you. Many famous celebrities or media personal have this conjunction in their chart.
But navamsa is mainly divisional chart for marriage and relationship. So when this Venus and Rahu conjunction occurs in navamsa, it increases the passion for Love within us. Venus wants to conquer everything. So they feel that they got to have everybody loving them. Rahu-Venus gives materialistic success to them, but they never get satisfaction from love or romance.
so when they don’t get enough attention from their boyfriend or girlfriend they look somewhere else. That is why it is not considered as a good combination for a loyal relationship. Especially if this conjunction occurs in 2nd, 5th, 7th house of navamsa. You should also consider the Zodiac sign of the navamsa chart where this conjunction occurs. Venus-Rahu conjunction in Scorpio, Gemini, Pisces, Virgo, Cancer, Aries navamsa are more problematic than other signs. If Mars is conjunct with this combination or aspect this combination, it increases the fire of Love even more.
Venus and Rahu conjunction in navamsa is not good for a happy married life. If there is other malefic combination present in both Rashi chart and D9 chart, this conjunction can even create situations like divorce or separation. That is why we see a lot of celebrities like actors, singers etc faces problem in love life or married life.
I have tried to give you some information about Spouse from Navamsa Chart. But remember in Astrology, No rule works in isolation. We have to co-relate both D1 and D9 chart.
If you want to get Astrological consultation from Me, Book an appointment.
If you think I have missed something or you have some information about spouse from Navamsa chart, please feel Free to comment.
If you Like it, Please share it.